Complete Network, Service, and System Monitoring
The Industry Standard in IT Infrastructure Monitoring
Nagios XI provides organisations with many benefits, including:
- Comprehensive IT Infrastructure Monitoring: Provides monitoring of all mission-critical infrastructure components – including applications, services, operating systems, network protocols, systems metrics, and network infrastructure. Hundreds of third-party addons provide for monitoring of virtually all in-house applications, services, and systems.
- Visibility: Provides a central view of your entire IT operations network and business processes. Powerful dashboards provide at-a-glance access to powerful monitoring information and third-party data. Views provide users with quick access to the information they find most useful.
- Awareness: Alerts are sent to IT staff, business stakeholders, and end users via email or mobile text messages, providing them with outage details so they can start resolving issues immediately
- Proactive Planning: Automated, integrated trending and capacity planning graphs allow organizations to plan for infrastructure upgrades before outdated systems catch them by surprise.
Calculate the cost of your Nagios Solution
Orb Data's Prices are guaranteed to be less than buying directly from any other UK reseller.
Let us run Nagios for you
Orb Data’s Managed Services allow you to manage your servers and applications while we manage the Nagios for you.
This inexpensive service is aimed at customers who need a monitoring solution however don't have the manpower or will to manage the implementation. Using Orb Data's experts to manage and support your Nagios implementation we will become part of your team to ensure the software works to the optimum for your business.
This Nagios monitoring allows you to monitor a VMware ESX, vSphere Host or vCenter Server:
The following checks are available:
- VMware ESX / vSphere Host CPU Usage
- Datastore Usage
- Memory Usage
- VMware vCenter Server
- Cluster Status
- Datacenter Status
- Storage Array Datastore Usage
Nagios provides complete monitoring of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems - including system metrics, service states, process states, performance counters, event logs, applications (IIS, Exchange, etc), and services (Active Directory, DHCP, etc).
Monitoring private services or attributes of a Windows machine requires NSClient++ addon agent to be installed locally on the system. This agent acts as a proxy between the Nagios plugin that does the monitoring and the actual service or attribute of the Windows machine. Without installing an agent on the Windows box, Nagios would be unable to monitor private services or attributes of the Windows box.
Nagios can monitor "private" services and attributes of Linux/UNIX servers, such as:
- CPU load
- Memory usage
- Disk usage
- Logged in users
- Running processes
- Publicly available services that are provided by Linux servers (HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.) can also be monitored.
Switches and Routers
Monitoring switches and routers can either be easy or more involved - depending on what equipment you have and what you want to monitor.
Switches and routers can be monitored by "pinging" them to determine packet loss, RTA, etc however if the switch supports SNMP, you can monitor port status, etc. with the check_snmp plugin and bandwidth (if you're using MRTG) with the check_mrtgtraf plugin.
Nagios XI to be flexible enough to meet a variety of customer's needs, with both long-term growth and innovation in mind. Nagios System Builders can leverage the XI architecture to their advantage, allowing them to deliver value-added solutions with the licensing flexibility they require.
Solid Open Source Core
Nagios XI is designed to take full advantage of the power of well-known, rock-solid Open Source components. With over ten years of experience in the OSS monitoring space, we know great stuff when we see it. There's some serious power under the hood of Nagios XI, and our architecture allows you continue to access and modify low-level OSS components to meet your organization's requirements.
It is built on a solid foundation of proven, core Open Source components, including:
- Nagios Core provides the primary monitoring and alerting engine
- NRPE and NSCA provide legacy inter-connects for remote monitoring and distributed monitoring
- NDOUtils provides a database backend for the monitoring engine
- PNP integration provides automatic, RRD-based performance and trending graphs
- NagiosQL provides the basis for our new monitoring engine configuration UI